Sunday, May 02, 2010

Nashlantis

13 inches of rain so far with another 4 or 5 on the way.

The first photo here is me mowing our lawn a couple of summers ago. I'm a tiny little dot way back there, but you can see me if you squint. Take note of the big maple tree in the left of that image, the square of concrete to the right, and the row of 2 chestnut trees further back from that.

The 2nd photo is taken from right next to the big maple tree. The 3rd photo was taken from the concrete pad. Norma was ankle deep taking that photo, even with 5 inches of concrete between her and the ground. I'm standing about 3 paces beyond the edge of the concrete. You can see how deep it is out there.

The water has actually receded since we took those photos, about a foot by depth, several yards by horizontal progress. The concrete is no longer covered, for example. But there's another storm coming and the big one that dumped all that on top of us is technically still in the watershed the feeds into the lake near here. I'm hoping the worst is past us but I'm not going to count on that.

No comments: